Friday, September 26, 2008

Lance’s Biggest Critic!




Greg LeMond is a big baby. Why does he always show up at the press conferences for Lance and try to stir up trouble? I’ve got my own opinions about it from seeing him do this time and again over the years. Personally, when I heard about Lance Armstrong’s return to professional cycling I wasn’t excited about it at all. I mean, what does he have left to prove? I like Lance and think he’s one of the best endurance athletes ever but hey, you’ve done it all. Lance started as a triathlete in his teens and was world class, he moved to professional cycling and was immediately recognized as a great rider, he was one of the youngest cyclist ever to win the world championships, he’s been in the Olympics what, two or three times?, he has either 3 or 4 ESPY awards for best male athlete, and of course he won the Tour De France 7 consecutive times which is unmatched!! He had a great career and it was a lot of fun to follow, so what’s the point?! There are a lot of great pro cyclists out there that I like to read about and follow. I think its time for him to “let it go” and ride off into the sunset on top of his game. All that aside, here’s a funny article from one of Lance’s press conferences in Las Vegas. Greg the big baby LeMond was front and center and of course started quizzing him about blood doping, testing, blah, blah, blah, just like he’s done in the past. Greg is obviously jealous of Lance and his success. I’ve seen him do this sort of thing to Lance several times over the past 6 to 7 years and its just gets funnier every time. Check out the article here from Bikeradar.com

No comments: