Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Michael Chirrick juggling routine. It's great.

This is an ancient clip of Michael Chirrick. He’s a fantastic old school style juggler. I’ve read about him, seen pictures and clips but I’ve never seen him perform in person. I wouldn’t be surprised if my dad has seen him perform live since he seems to have seen more of the great juggling performers over the years than about anyone I’ve known. I have however seen Peter Panic from upstate New York perform his soccer ball (large balls) routine on more than one occasion at juggling conventions and must say he’s got it down about as solid. In the clip you can see Chirrick run the gambit from some amazing single ball manipulation all the way up to a 5 ball cascade with the large balls. He’s so smooth, fast, and makes it look so easy that it will go unappreciated by most. Watch for some incredible combination tricks with the balls from spinning, head bounce, neck catch, and more. He throws in a short 3 torch routine which is pretty much a layman trick. Fire seems to amaze a lot of people.

No comments: